Start of School Year Information
I hope this letter finds you well as you are enjoying the beautiful summer here in Hastings! School is just around the corner with the first day being August 16th. I just wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you back to Adams Central for another great year and to inform you of some upcoming events and to communicate a few important items.
The information below is for the start of the 2022-2023 School Year for parents and students at Adams Central Junior/Senior High School. If you have any questions please call the office at 402-463-3285 or email Mr. Harrington at .
The first day of school is August 16th, 2022 at 8:10. Everyone will report to the gym for an assembly and will then report to their Patriot Period. Schedules will be available.
2022-2023 Normal Weekly Schedule
for Adams Central Junior/Senior High School
Click here to view the Normal Day Bell Schedule
- Monday 8:10-3:35
- Tuesday 8:10-3:35
- Wednesday 8:50-3:35
- Thursday 8:10-3:35
- Friday 8:10-3:05
Wednesday Late Starts: Starting on August 17, 2022, and running on every Wednesday through the school year, the junior/high school will have a late start to the school day. School will start at 8:50 with the first bell will ring at 8:45 AM on Wednesdays, with the tardy bell ringing at 8:50. The school building will still be open at normal time and it will be staffed and supervised as though it is a normal school day. Students here at normal times on Wednesdays will report to the cafeteria and will have time to study, read, or complete assignments. Breakfast will be served from 7:30-8:30 on Wednesdays. WEDNESDAY BELL SCHEDULE
Important Dates for the Start of School
11th & 12th Grade Schedule Changes in the High School Office from 9:00-3:00
- 1st day of practice for fall sports
- Physicals due for all fall sports participants!
- 9th & 10th Grade Schedule Changes in the High School Office from 9:00-3:00
- 9:00: 7th Grade Student & Parent Orientation in the Auditorium
- 10:30: 8th-12th Grade NEW Student & Parent Orientation in the Auditorium
Open House at the high school from 4:30-7:00
- Free games and food for all 7-12 students.
- Meet the teachers and get ready for the year with a fun-filled evening!
- Parents can also get help with completing required forms and getting help with their Parent PowerSchool Account
1st Day of School (8:10)
7th-12th Grade Picture Day
Drop Off & Pick Up Information
As a reminder the pick-up and drop-off lanes are out front of the new office addition only. Please refer to the map or screen recording below for specific instruction on picking up and dropping off your students. We will also continue to have junior high students in grades 7th & 8th dismissed 5 minutes early every day at 3:30 (3:00 on Fridays!).
Adams Central High School Open House
- 4:30-7:00 PM on August 15th, 2022
- Adams Central JR/SR High School Building & Grounds
- ENTER THROUGH THE ACTIVITIES ENTRANCE!
All 7th-12th Grade Adams Central Students & Parents/Guardians
- Get your schedules, fill out forms, & meet your teachers!
- Schedules will be printed and available for all students through the Activities Entrance by the new gym.
- Take your parents through your schedule at your own pace and meet your teachers!
- Students need to get their free meal ticket from their Patriot Period Teacher!
For The Parents
- We will have computers and staff available in the library to help get all the paperwork and forms done and completed!
- We can also help get your PowerSchool Parent account up and running for the school year!
Food, Fun, & Games!
- RockIt Event Pros will have 6 different inflatables and games setup on the practice football field for all 7-12 students to enjoy.
- There will also be a free meal for all 7th-12th grade students in the cafeteria. It is a pulled pork dinner with chips, water, and a cookie.
- Parents are able to purchase a meal for $5.
See the building updates!
In the hallways you will see the new ceiling and new digital clocks. Be sure to also stop by and see the new middle school science rooms for Mr. Marker & Mr. Foster down the 100 wing.
7th Grade Orientation
All 7th graders must have an updated physical and immunizations! Please talk with the office if you have any questions!
7th - 8th - 9th Grade Schedule Changes: See Mr. Smith
10th - 11th - 12th Grade Schedule Changes: See Ms. Fisher
ALL SCHEDULES ARE FINALIZED FOR THE SEMESTER ON FRIDAY AUGUST, 19TH!
Paperwork and Forms to Complete
This year again we will be utilizing PowerSchool to collect signatures and to share important documents. Parents need to log into their PowerSchool account and then click on “Forms” which is towards the bottom on the left side after you log in.
Forms to be completed include:
- Acceptable Use of Computers/Networks
- Receipt of the 2022-2023 Students-Parent Handbook
- Student Contacts
- Update Demographics: This is super important this year as we are transitioning from Remind to using a new communication app called “BrightArrow.” BrightArrow syncs with PowerSchool and that is where we pull contact information to send out messages and forms. BrightArrow also has an app for your phone to download and log into that will open a 2-way communication chat with your student’s teacher, sponsor, or coach. Click here for more information on BrightArrow.
- Digital Equity Survey
- Annual Health Statement
- Sports/Athletics: All students who wish to participate in a sport/athletics MUST have a physical completed prior to being allowed to practice and compete in events. These need to be turned into the Front Office. All other forms necessary for an athlete to be cleared to participate are on Powerschool under “Forms”.
- 7th Grade: All incoming 7th grade students are also required to turn in a physical to the school office.
- We will continue to have late starts on Wednesday mornings at 8:45 to provide professional development time for our teachers.
- Unfortunately, school lunches are no longer paid for by the government. Parents and students will again have to pay for lunches this year.
- Cell phones will be required to be put in a cell phone holder/organizer during class time. If you need to get a hold of your student during class time, please call the office at 402-463-3285.
- We have increased the time between classes from 3 minutes to 4 minutes with the expectation that students use the restroom or talk with another teacher during passing periods and NOT during class time.
Dress Code Refresher
(These are just a few of highlights from the full dress code policy on pages 42-43 of the AC Student-Parent Handbook.)
- No visible body piercing (other than ears). Small clear, non-colored plastic studs in noses are acceptable.
- If a student chooses to color their hair, it must be of natural color. Examples of unacceptable hair coloring, but not limited to, are green, blue, bright red, orange. Students’ hair will not be a distraction to the teacher, classroom instruction, or student learning. Examples of distracted hair but not limited to Spiked or Mohawk.
- Clothing with tears, rips, or holes that expose flesh or underclothes (including, but not limited to tights, leggings, etc…) are not acceptable. The taping of these holes is not acceptable. Jeans that have holes below the thigh area will be allowed.
- Shirts/blouses, which show midriff skin or are cut too low are not acceptable. Tank tops are not to be worn by male students. Female students’ straps on tops must be at least one and one-half inch in width or about two finger width. No spaghetti strap tops are allowed. No shoulderless tops or off the shoulder tops will be allowed.
- The doors to the school will open at 7:00 each morning. School begins at 8:10 each morning. Please make sure your student is on time to school each day. If your student is tardy by 20 minutes or more it is marked as an absence. Ten absences or more in any particular class can result in loss of credit for that particular class. It’s very important that your student is at school on time and here daily.